Wednesday, March 22, 2006

Tit for Tat Hat.

Beth expounded on hats this morning. I feel I should reciprocate. Hubbys sketch (which he did for his own costume, so it must be what he wants, right?) shows a close fitting skull cap type thing. I thought, why not make this more "fashionable"? You know, purely depending on your definition of fashionable.


flap hat-bruegel peasant dance

Looking more closely at hat styles, I see that this particular skull cappy cap has earflaps. Oh, what fun....



flap hat-privatelyheldpbruegelyounger

Then, I found this one in a privately held p. breugel painting. Slightly different ear flaps, but very much the same. This one lacks the extension and what i think are ties of the previous one.


flaphatflip--privately held van cleve

Oh, look, we have "fashionable options" here. This rebel has flipped his flaps up! Oh my, the scandal.

So then, all I had to do was get hubby's approval. He looked at me and said "no way am i wearing ear flaps." So I confidently showed him Mr. Earflap Rebel, and now I'm allowed to make the hat! Huzzah! I think I might even make it red. They do seem to like their red hats. Whether it matches or not.

2 Comments:

Blogger Beth said...

Crazy rebelliousness. Adam will be quite the fashionista. And I would definitely make it red.

You haven't seen the bowler style in any other colors have you? I mean besides black?

10:47 AM  
Blogger Julebug said...

Looking through my images at that hat style....I've seen a brown, a red, a grey, a questionably green (as in, the paint could be green or black), and of course, black. Let me know if you'd like to see a pic of any of them.

11:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home