Friday, March 10, 2006

I Don't Want to be Single....

I have taken a long break from costuming, but the next several weeks promise me some free time that I can think of no better way to spend....

Having finished my own flemish garb, I've been thinking about how nice it would be to have my hubby decked out in attire to coordinate with my own.

I admit to having hidden motives with this project of mine--I have never done menswear before, and I realized that I was in way over my head for the higher class gentlemen's garb that I had planned. This is my starter project. Among other things, I will familiarize myself with drafting patterns to my hubby's unique shape, and learn how pants and doublets work--I've never made pants!!!! Also--CODPIECE!!! Yay!

I already have some lovely homespun-feeling fabrics in my stash, and I think they will make a perfectly drab working class outfit. Below are the fabrics--a pale grey-olive cotton-linen blend (same one that's in my flemish, actually), an army green wool and a drab heather grey fiber unknown....


fabrics

Inspiration art and concept sketch to follow....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home