Thursday, March 16, 2006

A Little Black....

...Goes a very long way. My goal was to dye the linen for lining the army colored jerkin. I had "golden brown" dye, and figured that'd be a nice contrast. Then little miss brilliant (thats me) thought that adding a little black would make it delightfully dingy and peasant like. Indeed, it did. In fact, the black pretty much devoured the golden brown and I was left miraculously with a army greenish black brown. Behold:


The dark green wool with the newly dyed linen on top. Not quite as exciting as having a contrasting lining, but its a delightfully peasanty color, indeed. Should do nicely.

Then I made up my mind about setting the sleeves into the under-doublet. Oh boy, what a decision that was. I had no idea that working an armscythe was so difficult. I'm still working on it, cuz the toile's fit is a still a bit wonky:

Beth--the delightfully hideous print fabric was chosen especially for you.

The pale yellow is the lining for the under-doublet. Hubby has started calling it the "succotash doublet".

2 Comments:

Blogger Beth said...

Julie, that fabric is precious. It's so Adam. And you have my sincerest respect for trying to fit in a sleeve. I hate doing that!

6:55 AM  
Blogger Julebug said...

Don't respect me yet...I've literally fiddled with it for HOURS and its still not working. Adam's arm is tired. ;)

11:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home