Sunday, March 19, 2006

Still Not Perfect

But that'll have to do. The sleeves are attached, and I'm done fussing with them. For now.

They do limit movement a bit, a by-product of my ignorance regarding armscythes. When he lifts his arms, the whole thing comes up. Which is annoying, but its actually what happens in the period paintings, too, so i'm torn. No pic of him lifting his arms, as my camera battery died. ;)

The next time I make one of these doublets, i'm doing an entirely different approach. In retrospect, i think that a modified (ie, for men) version of raveness's bruegal bodice would've been ideal. If hubby finds his current doublet too restricting, I still may make a new one using that approach.


doublet with sleeves and polar bear bands!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home